This is my favorite manly meal. I never considered eating almonds, lemon, and salmon together. I cooked this fish the other day and fell in love with it. No more boring fish meals allowed!!!
Lemon-Almond Encrusted Salmon
(This week’s Brown Bag Secret Ingredient: Almonds)
(Makes 2 Servings)
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 tsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
Salt (to taste)
1/4 tsp paprika
1 large egg
2 wild salmon fillets (6-8 oz. each)
2 tbsp olive oil
- Toss almonds into blender or food processor. Blend until almond become powder with a mix of pea size chunks or smaller. This creates a fabulous texture.
- Add almond mixture to bowl along with parsley, lemon zest, lemon pepper, salt, and paprika until combined. You may choose to skip the salt given most lemon-pepper spices also have salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat large egg.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel then dip top in egg until coated well.
- Next, coat top of salmon fillets with seasoned almond mixture. You can lightly press the mixture into fillets to help it stick.
- Heat olive oil in large pan (medium-high heat).
- Lay fish in pan, presentation side down first.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, flipping fish half way through cooking time.
- Almonds will toast while cooking giving fish an awesome texture!
Add fish to a bed of green salads for a healthy dinner with tons of protein.