Almond EnJOY Bars
(This week’s Brown Bag Secret Ingredient: Almonds)
8-10 deglet noor or medjool dates (soaked in unsweetened almond milk for 1 hour)
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or sugar-free
- Add dates, almonds, walnuts, coconut, and hemp seeds to food processor or blender. Blend until paste forms. Feel free to leave a few chunks depending on your preference. I like the CHUNKY stuff 😀
- Line small rectangular container or muffin pan with wax paper or paper cups. (Divide mixture into four portions if using muffin pan).
- Pour mixture into bowl and mix in chocolate chips with spoon or by hand. This step could be fun, but messy.
- Divide mixture into four portions or pour all mixture into small container.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Add chocolate drizzle on top if you just have to have more chocolate in your life.