Citrus Avocado Pie (Vegan)
(This week’s Brown Bag Secret Ingredient: Almonds)
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup raw almonds
8 medjool or deglet noor dates (soaked in water or coconut milk for 1 hour)
1/8 cup shredded coconut
1 lime (you will need zest and juice)
1 lemon (juice only)
2 tbsp sugar or 1 tbsp of stevia
2 tbsp coconut flour (optional)
4-6 tbsp lite coconut milk
- Add dates, walnuts, almonds, and coconut to food processor or blender. Blend until combined and paste forms. I like my crust a little chunky so feel free NOT to mix until completely smooth. No need to bake crust.
- Press mixture into a small springform pan or pie pan. Get creative if you want and use any shape.
- Next, blend avocados, lime juice and zest, lemon juice, sugar, coconut flour and 4 tbsp of coconut milk. Add more if needed.
- Pour avocado mixture into crust.
- Freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving!