Don’t know what to do with those brown bananas? Well, you could make banana bread (delicious), pancakes (amazing), or you could make fritters. My mother use to make corn fritters that were fried to perfection. A little crispy on the outside, soft and awesome on the inside. I thought it would be a good idea to throw a few simple, affordable, and healthy ingredients together in order to make these beauties.
Here’s what you need!
(Makes 8 fritters)
2 Ripe Bananas
1 pouch flavored Oatmeal (I use Oats Revolution)
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Smash bananas in medium bowl. You can leave them a little chunky if you prefer.
- Add oatmeal and flour. Stir until combined.
- Turn stove on medium-high and add coconut oil to non-stick pan.
- Once oil is melted and hot, add about 2 tbsp of mixture to the oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until edges brown. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
* I love using this oatmeal. It reminds of the grown up version of the peaches n’ creme oatmeal I use to eat when I was a little girl. You can find it at any grocery store or Target.