Looking for a healthy side dish or tasty snack? Look no more!
Roasted Chickpeas with Garlic and Sage
(Recipe Adapted from: www.delicioustv.com )
2 c. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2-3 T. olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3-4 (or more) pineapple sage leaves
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. If you don’t have foil or parchment paper, lightly coat baking sheet with cooking oil of your choice.
- Cut or tear sage leaves into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients on baking sheet and toss until evenly coated. Make sure each chickpea is even coated with oil.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or longer. Turn pan halfway through baking time. Chickpeas should turn brown before removing from oven.
- While chickpeas are still hot, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning.
Store leftovers in airtight container for up to four days.
Check out these link for more ideas: